Call it eco-trips, sustainable tourism or responsible travel, it all comes down to the same thing: CARE.
It is about tourism being less invasive to the nature and the local communities. It is about taking better care of the environment and better understand the culture of the people you meet in the places you visit.
All of our trips are organized based on the principles of sustainable tourism, but besides that, we also offer some very specific programs to those who are interested in a more ‘intense’ contact with the local communities and/or the environment. We offer some beautiful ecolodges, hotels that work eco-friendly, and overnight stays in the middle of the nature with special activities to enlarge the understanding of the environment. On the cultural side of the sustainable tourism we offer homestays, participation in community projects, interaction with locals, visits to local projects and the intermediation in volunteerwork.
The main advantages of Responsible travel are that:
- it minimizes negative economic, environmental, and social impacts;
- it generates greater economic benefits for local people and enhances the well-being of host communities, improves working conditions and access to the industry;
- it involves local people in decisions that affect their lives and life chances;
- it makes positive contributions to the conservation of natural and cultural heritage, to the maintenance of the world’s diversity;
- it provides more enjoyable experiences for tourists through more meaningful connections with local people, and a greater understanding of local cultural, social and environmental issues;
- it is culturally sensitive, engenders respect between tourists and hosts, and builds local pride and confidence.*
The way we build in these principles into our trips are:
- we work with providers from the region itself to make sure the economic benefit stays in the region itself
- we choose to work with smaller hotels which in many cases are run by their owners to benefit the local tourist industry instead of the Multi national companies.
- we select hotels which have a environmental consciousness and that take measures to take care of their environment
- we try to include moments of interactions between the traveller and locals in all or our trips by adding special activities to the program. In general these interactions provide an enjoyable experience for visitors as they can make more meaningful connections with local people
Below you can find some examples of Responsible trips in Argentina. To find our total offer please take a look at our page ‘Responsible Trips‘. Mind that we are continousely working on adding new trips to our offer, but it takes time. As this product is not a standard product a lot of work goes into finding, selecting and preparing the trips. Please make sure to check up regularly to our Responsible trips page to see our new offers.
*Cape Town Agreement (2002). For more information click here.
More to come…